Aguilera Delivers, Ended Gaga Conflict Saga With BIONIC

With the seemingly negative press circulating around her first two singles ( Not Myself Tonight, Wohoo featuring Nicki Minaj) and not-so-persuasive chartings in the Billboard, Aguilera just could not lose herself with her very latest.

Bionic is a surreal sonic take to the electronic pop world. Armored with an M.I.A.-geared and SIA-filled tracks, the album lyrically killed mediocrity and surpassed Aguilera's infamous vulnerability that is --- the shrieking, the oversinging. Aguilera takes it on higher note by incorporating beautifully absurd stompings and emotionally-laden ballads.

The four year hiatus is definitely worth the wait. Aguilera's gargantuan voice has finally found it's home that is ultimately refreshing and connivingly genius at it's most lyrical.

Below are my takes of each track:

1.) Bionic - very M.I.A. I can vividly hear this stomping gloriously beyond the walls of your most frequent bars. 4/5
2.) Not Myself Tonight - I just don't know why this track did not go through well chart-wise. I guess it felt very "Stripped (her 2002 controversial album)" although the beats are just crazy and riveting. 3 1/2 / 5
3.) Wohoo - Minaj may have stolen the lyrics but Aguilera just found her match to create an ingenious ghetto track. 3/5
4.) Elastic Love - you can hear M.I.A. all over here. "If I was a ruler, I'd set you straight. But your love is like a sharpener, it really grates". And that is just one of those one-liners you can't possibly ignore.5/5
5.) Desnudate - totally a stand-out track. Please. This space is not enough to start the parade.Tricky Stewart is finaly doing his thing here' 6/5
6.) Love & Glamour / Glam - a tribute to Madonna's Vogue. Ok. I'm gonna be honest. It kind of lacked this certain "ooommph". But then be grateful that Aguilera killed it at the end.3/5
7.) Prima Dona - a saving grace after Glam. Pure futuristic pop bliss. 4/5
8.) Morning Dessert / Sex for Breakfast - absolute morning starter. Lyrically sweet notwithstanding. 3 1/2 /5
9.) Lift Me Up - I can daresay you'll play this track while the train is about to depart from an uneventful evening confrontation...Superb emotions incorporated. Linda Perry and Aguilera deserved another "Beautiful" ovation. 4/5
10.) My Heart / All I Need - Maternally and emotionally satisfying. SIA just doest not disappoint. 5/5
11.) I Am - dissociatively realistic. Lyrics at its finest. "I have insecurities. You showed me I am beautiful" Perfectly imperfect. 5/5
12.) You Lost Me - major SIA and Aguilera genius creation. If you havent seen and heard Aguilera in American Idol lately, you are living under a prehistoric igneous rock. 5/5
13.) I Hate Boys - very Gwen Stefani. Man and boy-bashing. My very least favorite track. Well, at least there's an imperfection. 2 1/2 / 5
14.) My Girls - a remnant of Aguilera's women empowerment stance. But you'll be surprised what the track is subtly alluding to. 3/5
15.) Vanity - Desnudate version 2.0. The beat is just sick. " If I were her I would kiss me" Just how fun is that?

BIONIC Rating - Sizzle
Aguilera's Bionic is out in stores this month....

2 comments:

The Traveling Dead said...

Definitely checking this out! Little girl with big, hot, unique vocals that don't need synthesizers!

Cj de Guzman said...

true! her voice is like a studio filled with accompaniments lmfao

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Urbane Fizz